Sundar Industrial Estate comprising of 1700 acres of land was inaugurated in Feb, 2007 and is a vision turned into reality. It is the first project assigned to PIE & was envisioned to be an ‘island of facilitation in the sea of harassment’ for prospective industrialists.
The objective was to develop an industrial estate where issues of industrialists are handled and problems solved through ‘One Window’ operation.
There are 255 factories in production (as of Oct, 2012) and an additional 190 are expected to join in production by December, 2013.
SIE has infrastructure comparable to any modern industrial estate globally.
After analyzing the needs of entrepreneurs, PIE has ensured availability of the following amenities.
- Reinforced Concrete Road Network
- Underground Sewerage System
- Underground Electricity Distribution System
- Walled industrial estate with limited entry/exit points.
- High Pressure Gas Pipelines
- Potable Water
- Telecommunications System
- Estate Managed Electrical Distribution System.
- Fully Equipped Fire Station
- Computerized Weigh Station
- Information Signages
- Technical Training Facilities
- Estate Owned Security Arrangements.
- Hospital / Emergency Medical Services (Social Security)
- Petrol Stations
- Environmental rules & regulations
- Health Safety and Environmental awareness
- Solid Waste Management
- Combined Effluent Treatment Plant
Following industrial zones have been established at SIE:
- Food Processing
- Paper & Board
- Auto parts
- Wood products
- Warehouse etc
Small & medium entrepreneurs were focused, hence majority of plots are of sizes between ½ acre to 2 acre. However, there are some bigger plots to accommodate large industrialists as well.
Plots were created of the following sizes:
½ Acre 112 Plots
1 Acre 396 Plots
2 Acres 101 Plots
3 Acres 37 Plots
4 Acres 14 Plots
5 Acres 34 Plots
Above 5 Acres 22 Plots
TOTAL : 702 Plots
Approximately 1179 acres is under industrial plots and remaining area has been dedicated for roads, infrastructure, amenities, utilities, commercial area, green belt, etc. Overall distribution/utilization is based on international standards and need assessment surveys.
All plots have been sold out at SIE, however, plot allotment is a continuous process, as some plots are vacated either voluntarily by the customer or cancelled by the Management. Vacant plots are re-allotted to customers as per a waiting list maintained by the Company.
CURRENT STANDARD PLOT PRICES AT SUNDAR INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
|CATEGORY||PRICE (Rs. In Millions)|
|80 FT ROAD||120 FT ROAD||200 FT ROAD|
(10% additional for corner plots)
Actual size may vary, prices are charged according to actual measurements